Ardmore Neighborhood Association Monthly Meeting
November 11, 2008
In attendance: Lonnie Clark, Patti Heath, Pauline Leggatt, Catherine Eades, Reggie Delahenty, Tiffany White, Ann Winters, Doris Kendrick
Call to Order: 7:05 p.m.
Beginning Balance: $5221.41
Ending Balance: $4528.37
Membership: 55 paid for 2008-2009
* Area Plan (6 months-1 year): Citizenâ€™s Advisory Committee
* Peterâ€™s Creek Community Initiative: Focus on economic development. West Salem and ANA involved to support residential aspects.
* Ronald McDonald House â€“ Hoping to move current houses to Ebert farm
* Communication â€“ Newsletters, Signage
* History â€“ Investigating â€˜Images of Americaâ€™ publication
* NCBH Focus Group
* Membership focus: Need chairperson and area resources
* Communication â€“
o Start listserve for communication between residents – Catherine will research
o Regular emails and web postings
o Utilize public resources to reach residents, such as public library, etc.
* Centennial Celebration â€“ early planning
o Home Tour in 2010
* Social Events: minimum 1 social eventâ€¦spring and summer, outside of meetings.
o Spring fundraiser? Maybe tie in with local churches
o July 4th picnic â€“ possibly with parade for children, raffle and/or cakewalk
o Bi-monthly speakers / activities at monthly meeting
+ January â€“ Todd Peterson; Ardmore resident and City Sidewalk planner; focus on sidewalks and greenways
+ March â€“ Historic Preservation; Tiffany will coordinate program
+ May â€“ Garden Club; focus on landscaping; community garden?
+ September â€“ Community outreach with focus on area schools / food bank
Meeting adjourned at 8:35 p.m.