Minutes for the May 5, 2016 ANA Meeting

 

Board members in attendance: Bonnie Crouse, Jordan Payne, Marlo Newman, Charlie Whittington, Laura Farrell, Lyndia Cone, David Cone, Kathy Pearre

 

Non-board members/guests: Kandi Villano, Lori Noel

 

Call to Order at 7:03 pm

 

Approval of April 7, 2016 minutes

Bonnie recommended changes for Andy to make to minutes, note the date of Carol’s resignation from board & taken vote to remove Gary Blocker from board. No other changes of note. Motion to approve minutes at the June meeting, and motion was approved.

 

Treasurer’s Report (Marlo)

Email sent prior to meeting from Marlo. Carol paid back expenses for April event. Obtained one new business membership & 5 new individual memberships (also, more from Laura to likely be submitted). $5,272.26 is in account currently.

 

Old Business:

 

Ardmore Remembers event recap

Estimated to be up to 40 people in attendance at one point, not sure of total count. Great attendance in spite of lots of other local events going on that day. Skewed towards an older crowd as expected, but the event appeared to be executed pretty y and Carol did a great job. People at the event were glad to see ANA is alive and well. Most people heard of the event via Facebook. Activities also went over great. Light refreshments were provided.

 

Update on Signs (Laura)

Laura has current makeup of signs, with note that ANA membership is at $10/year.  Debate now is to what colors to have on the sign to catch the eye of those passing through the neighborhood. Appears that a white sign, with yellow background in the ANA logo, and black text is the consensus agreement. Cost will be $872 before tax. Motion made for Laura to proceed with signs and motion was approved.

 

Membership (Laura & Kathy)

Laura and Kathy took Andy’s information that was provided to her and started to put together a comprehensive list of paid members (supposedly 32-36 members so far, but clearly there are more members). They continue to search for additional names of people who have paid. Paypal has issues and it’s hard to determine who has paid (apparently only provides a name to Marlo). Laura suggests making a list that keeps track of the month a person joins, then remind them the next year their membership is up. Anyone who receives new membership/payment information should pass that on to the membership committee and treasurer so we can keep track of who/when someone pays. Discussion to make simple cards/flyers to draw in the small percentage of members who do not have email. Once the membership list appears to be finalized, it will be sent out to the board. Motion approved for Laura and Kathy to get $30 to design membership cards.

 

Fourth of July Picnic update (Marlo)

April event had teaser for the 4th of July picnic, so promotion has officially started. Potluck, Pavilion #1 at Miller Park from 11:30am-2:30pm. Marlo got remnant stuff from past 4th of July events from Patti Heath (who spent $600 on a 4th of July event a few years ago). ANA will provide lemonade & water. Will talk to PB’s to see if they would provide hot dogs, and/or may also get KFC—just depends on how many people we think will attend. Will NOT advertise the chicken/hot dogs if we do end up providing them. Jordan/Kim will make dart balloon board that will randomly have gift cards, prizes, etc. Call to help with asking businesses for donating prizes. Will also do a photo booth with props. Also will have bicycle/tricycle decorating parade, piñata, and face painting for the kids. Patti may have recreation balls we can borrow/have? Also, may seek out a band—preferably someone local to the neighborhood. Right now, budget is at $350 without a band. Motion to approve $500 budget for the 4th of July picnic and was approved. Will need volunteers for setup.

 

Website & Social Media update (Bonnie/Kandi Villano)

Kandi Villano (of Computer and Technology Solutions, or CATS) is here to talk about our social media/website improvements. Lived in Ardmore since 2001 & owns a computer company. Wants to turn the website into a personalized version of Facebook. The site will have a “front room” and a ”back room” for members. She said she didn’t know there was an ANA, but Bonnie recruited her. Plans to get a business membership. Very open to suggestions on what to add to the website. Will work on a way to easily vet who is paying for a membership (either PayPal or another preferable option). Laura suggested to make changes to the ANA Facebook page (ex. the banner to a neighborhood picture) since we have plenty of photos we can use. Kandi says she is here for the ANA to use to our advantage. First step will be to design offline site, then try to figure out how to better streamline finances/membership electronically. Also, Kandi recommends Instagram and Twitter accounts as well (ex. cancellation due to weather). Bonnie suggests trying to make the ANA a 501c(3) so we can obtain liability insurance and businesses can donate items that can be tax deductable. Motion to provide one year business membership to Kandi for free due to pending work on ANA social media/website items, and motion was approved.

 

Crime Prevention meeting update

Last year we had a popular crime prevention meeting at Miller Park Rec Center. Property crimes typically increase when spring/summer rolls around, so we would like to hold another meeting to follow up with last year’s meeting. We have asked and got an OK from Dan Besse to hold another meeting with someone from city council, the city police, and can hold the meeting free. Potential dates are June 2nd and May 26th. Motion to have the crime meeting on June

May 2016 Meeting Minutes

towel Apply or protection. before UVB after immediately ProPlex swimming hours. sweating, UVA Reapply 80 with minutes water sunscreen every exposed two liberally Environmental Defense Apply drying skin spectrum 15 with for sun broad resistance of UV to areas. at least sun types. all and after exposure. minutes